Open Contest Interlude
Awareness of Sunyata
Everyone can learn something from eMetrics San Francisco, from n00bs to veterans and everyone in between could benefit from attending the conference. If you could benefit from attending, and could potentially get a pass for free, have you started your entry for the FREE eMetrics pass?
Web Analytics Association Spring Awards Gala
This is the first one so I am really unsure what to expect; that in and of itself makes attendance basically mandatory. Both members and non-members of the WAA are welcome and will be in having a pretty darn good time.
Entire Measure Community Welcome
In discussions with some members of the community, they have expressed reservations towards entering to win the FREE eMetrics pass. Let me state it as clearly as possible:
I am not deleting entries based on your level of:
- Technical knowledge
- Tool specific knowledge
- Community involvement
- Personal brand recognition
Each entry will be judged individually relative to the entrant’s level of familiarity with web analytics. That means that if you have a little more experience, my expectation is that you would be able to submit something more advanced than a recent college grad.
Including the link to your LinkedIn profile, or another professional profile, would help your cause in either case.
- Send an email to email@example.com
- With the subject “Submittal”
- ATTACH IMAGE FILE AND TEXT DOCS
- On or before Friday February 11, 2011 12:00 Midnight PST
- Winner notified Monday February 14 at some point BY EMAIL
- Required In The Email:
- Your Name
- Your Email
- Your Phone Number
- Your Physical Address
- FEEDBACK YES or NO
- Your Personal Website
- Your Twitter Account
- Your LinkedIn Profile
Who Might Submit an Entry?
- If your employer just can’t budget eMetrics
- If you are just getting out of the UBC program and would like to show off what you learned
- If you are transitioning into, or work tangentially with web analytics
- If you are a business owner/employee who wears many hats, one of them online optimization
- I am looking forward to your entry
Leader at Halftime
At present, the contest is about as wide open as you can get. There have been, as of 10:30 am PST Friday 1/28/11 exactly ZERO entries. Tayyab Jawaid of LateRooms is the only person to even bother asking a question.
After the contest I may even post the best of the best, highlighting what I think is interesting about them. Not that it I am the authority, rather to help give some free publicity to people who really nailed it.
Tayyab asked an excellent question, he wanted to know if I would be providing feedback on the entries to the individual entrants.
If you want feedback please state clearly “FEEDBACK YES” in your submittal, if you do not want feedback please state clearly “FEEDBACK NO” in your submittal email. If you forget and leave it blank I will consider that a “FEEDBACK NO.”
My caveat is the following:
- Feedback for entries that request it will be processed in the order which they are received
Want feedback sooner? Submit sooner.
The next post will fix the data set we have been working on in Excel, don’t forget to download the most current version here if you have not done so already.